Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Internship Adventures, Part 7 - The Elephant and Piggie Integrated Project

Cool things can happen when you offer more than one key skill.  Elephant and Piggie was my multi-media project (aka integrated project) using my key skills in graphic design, photography, and videography. 

Not only was I able to create my own marketing collateral, but I created a graphics style that others were able to use in their marketing communications efforts for this play at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center.














Graphic Design - Posters
The first item was a series of posters in 4x5 inches, 8.5x11 inches and 11x17 inches.  As blogged about earlier, I created several designs in Adobe Illustrator, pitched them to the client, and the winning design was this one below.  The headline is a logo by Serena Wolford, a required element.

 

Print Advertising
The print advertising was a collaboration effort with art director Serena Wolford. For the Independent newspaper ad, I created the rough design for the upper half and Serena designed the bottom half. I supplied the Elephant and Piggie character graphics for Serena's ad on the cover of the GO! (a special insert of The Gazette newspaper).

My design for the upper half of the Independent ad.

Our Art Director, Serena Wolford, made more ads using my Elephant and Piggie graphics, such as this banner ad on the Gazette "GO!" special publication.
Videography
The interview video with the lead cast was also a collaborative effort with our communications manager, Amanda Weston, who wrote the questions and conducted the interview.  After a good deal of editing in Premiere Pro, it was launched on YouTube and smaller, 1-1:30 minute segments were posted to Facebook to build interest in the show.
 


Photography
Images are such a crucial part of both communications and marketing. You can gain so much in such a short time with an image than with a paragraph, and it excites your audience if you can do it well. Therefore, the last crucial part of my Elephant and Piggie project were professional level photos of the dress rehearsal.



Social Media Marketing
I photographed the dress rehearsal Wednesday night, ran the top images through Adobe Camera RAW later that night, emailed the photos first thing in the morning, and by mid-day on Thursday Amanda had them plastered throughout our social media sites.

 



Website
The graphics from the posters and the images from the dress rehearsal were posted to the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center home page (below), the theatre page and the play's dedicated sub-page.






 

Overall, the Elephant and Piggie integrated project was an exciting one that let me highlight my skills as applied to multiple media while maintaining a unified message and vision.  It also let me try something new; it was my first time diving head-first into cute graphics. It's a project I'm happy to highlight from this internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment